Jefferson City, Mo. – State Budget Director Dan Haug today announced that net general revenue since the start of fiscal year 2023 increased 38.3% from July 2021, from $701.3 million from last year to $970.3 million this year.
RAW COLLECTIONS BY TYPE OF TAX
Collection of personal income tax
- 42.3% increase for the year, from $480.5 million last year to $684.0 million this year.
Sales and use tax recovery
- 16.9% increase for the year, from $212.5 million last year to $248.5 million this year.
Collection of corporate income tax and corporate franchise tax
- 12.1% increase for the year, from $46.0 million last year to $51.5 million this year.
All other collections
- 96.1% increase for the year, from $19.5 million last year to $38.3 million this year.
- Decreased 9.0% for the year, from $57.2 million last year to $52.0 million this year.
The numbers included in the Monthly General Revenue Report represent a snapshot in time and can vary significantly based on a multitude of factors.