ROLLING PRAIRIES, Ill., January 11, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Cambium Networks (NASDAQ: CMBM), a leading global provider of wireless networking solutions, today announced new 6E Wi-Fi solutions for the business. Cambium Networks XE Series 6E Wi-Fi Software-Defined Access Points with Intelligent Migration Assistant deliver industry-leading performance in all three Wi-Fi bands (6, 5 and 2.4 GHz). Cambium Networks software-defined radios (SDRs) enable a graceful and cost-effective migration to the new 6 GHz band. The solution’s unique multi-radio architecture evolves to support high density device deployments.
“The expansion of Wi-Fi to 6 GHz opens up many capabilities that we can leverage across our entire wireless network on our campus. This will help especially in dense areas like amphitheatres and libraries, ”said Donna Haydeninformation director at Alcorn State University. “Cambium Networks new 6E Wi-Fi access points are ideal for campus environments and allow us to strategically step up to 6 GHz over time.
Wi-Fi 6E triples the spectrum available for Wi-Fi use by adding support for the 6 GHz band, enabling fast and reliable wireless access like never before. Cambium Networks 6E Wi-Fi solutions allow network operators to not only add 6 GHz support to their networks, but optimize how and when it is used. Service providers and businesses such as education, hospitality, healthcare, public places, etc. will benefit from the new clean spectrum, enabling more video, voice and data streaming experiences that broaden and improve their customer service.
“As we work with our customers to build their networks, the new range of Cambium Networks XE Wi-Fi 6 / 6E access points allows us to continue to build high density wireless networks for our customers, particularly in the education sector. deploy strong, high-performance, easy-to-manage and future-proof Wi-Fi networks for the new 6 GHz band today, “said Sean vollmerCEO of Information Systems Engineering, a value-added distributor of Cambium Networks in South Africa. “The investment protection offered becomes a very important criterion in choosing a solution to deploy.
Cambium Networks Wi-Fi 6E solution includes:
- Software-defined 6E Wi-Fi technology, allows selection of 5 or 6 GHz operation by radio
- Wi-Fi 6E Smart Migration Assistant automates the transition to 6 GHz
- 5 wireless access points, tri-band 8×8 / 4×4 Wi-Fi 6 / 6E designed for high / ultra high density use cases
“Qualcomm Technologies is a driving force in providing Wi-Fi 6E, enabling our customers to innovate and deliver great Wi-Fi experiences to their end customers,” said Ganesh Swaminathan, Vice President, Product Management , Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “We are delighted to continue our long collaboration with Cambium to deliver powerful solutions, based on the Networking Pro Series platforms, that deliver the network capacity businesses need today and in the world. ‘to come up. “
The first two access points of the XE series are:
- 3-radio, access point in 4×4 / 2×2 configuration with SDR 5 / 6GHz
- Designed for a wide variety of use cases in corporate and service provider networks where reliable wireless performance is important
- Includes Qualcomm® Professional networking Platform 810
- 5-radio, access point in an 8×8 / 4×4 configuration with two 5/6 GHz SDRs
- Designed for high / ultra high density use cases in public places, auditoriums, etc., resulting in a significant reduction in required equipment and associated costs
- The XE5-8 incorporates the high density innovation of Xirrus Wi-Fi with multi-radio solutions for Wi-Fi 6 / 6E
- Includes Qualcomm® Professional networking Platform 1610
“Businesses are evolving their infrastructure to deliver the best possible user experience. The XE Access Point Series makes it easy to take advantage of the 6 GHz spectrum, ”said Atul BhatnagarPresident and Chief Executive Officer of Cambium Networks. “Our new 6E Wi-Fi solutions are a powerful new addition to our comprehensive portfolio of wireless connectivity solutions that deliver exceptional quality and value to organizations of all types and sizes. “
Key components of the Cambium Networks 6E Wi-Fi solution include:
- AP 3 and 5 radios
- 6E Wi-Fi Migration Assistant that monitors 6E clients and recommends software-defined radio configuration based on changing client populations
- 6E Wi-Fi band control to automatically direct clients to the best performing available band
- 6E Wi-Fi mesh supporting high-performance, congestion-free two-way AP backhaul on channels up to 160 MHz
- Automated integration of the 6E Wi-Fi access point with Cambium Networks cnMatrix ™ switches
- Integrated application control supporting visibility and policy control of over 2,400 applications
- EasyPass access control for secure user and device integration, including direct integration with Microsoft Azure and Google G-suite
- Cloud Management – Network management that simplifies the deployment of wireless services and provides information and tools to optimize the user experience, all from a single console. A range of options to meet the needs of the organization:
The XE3-4 access point has an MSRP of $ 895 and will be available in Q1 2022. MSRP XE5-8 is $ 2195 and will be available in 2Q 2022.
For more information, download the document on the Wi-Fi 6E solution.
To learn more, plan to attend the New Wi-Fi 6E solutions from Cambium Networks webinar on January 19, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. US Central Time – register here to attend.
About Cambium Networks
Cambium Networks provides wireless communications that work for businesses, communities and cities around the world. Millions of our radios are deployed to connect people, places and things with a unified wireless fabric that spans multiple fixed wireless and Wi-Fi standards and frequencies, all centrally managed through the cloud. Our multi-gigabit wireless fabric offers a compelling value proposition over traditional fiber and alternative wireless solutions. We work with our Cambium Certified Connected Partners to deliver networks specifically designed for service provider, enterprise, industry and government connectivity solutions in urban, suburban and rural environments, with a wireless that works.
Qualcomm is a trademark or registered trademark of Qualcomm Incorporated.
Qualcomm Networking Pro Series platforms are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and / or its affiliates.
Media contact (Cambium)
Dave reddy – Big Valley Marketing for Cambium
+1 (650) 868-4659
SOURCE Cambium networks