AWM to Honor Women Leaders at Gracies Leadership Awards
The Alliance for Women in Media (AWM) announced the seven winners of the Gracies Leadership Awards on Monday, November 14 at Tribeca 360 in New York, NY. The annual event provides an opportunity to recognize and celebrate the significant impact women have made in the media industry, while inspiring action and emboldening the leaders in attendance.
This year’s list of winners includes the following:
- Nancy Daniels, Chief Content Officer, TNets, Discovery, Animal Planet and Science Channel
- Marie Donoghue, Vice President, Global Sports Video, Amazon
- Kim Godwin, President, ABC News
- Wendy Goldberg, Director of Communications, iHeartMedia, Inc.
- Chesley Maddox-Dorsey, President and CEO, American Urban Radio Networks
- Debra OConnell, President, Networks, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
- Dawn Porter, Founder, Trilogy Films
AWM previously announced award-winning journalist Soledad O’Brien, CEO of Soledad O’Brien Productions, philanthropist and author, as the keynote speaker. The organization also announced investing in the next generation of women in media through partnerships with Google News Initiative and Mattel creating two unique scholarship programs for students pursuing a career in journalism or media.
“It is an exceptional honor to recognize and celebrate this strong team of women leaders in our industry,” said Becky Brooks, President of the Alliance for Women in Media. “Soledad O’Brien, as the keynote speaker, will undoubtedly create an unforgettable event for all in attendance.”
Sponsors of the Gracies Leadership Awards include Google News Initiative as Presenting Sponsor, ABC News, American Urban Radio Network, Clear Channel Outdoor, Disney Media & Entertainment, Hallmark Media, Katz Media Group, Mattel, and NCTA – The Internet & Television Association.