As VP of Artist Marketing, Hip Hop and R&B, you are a ‘culture builder’ who will lead a marketing team, lead company priorities, shape campaign strategies and manage products from a list of hip hop and R&B artists.
This position will work closely with the international team around the world to create and synchronize global marketing campaigns, including budgeting and planning. Additionally, you will form close partnerships and collaborate with digital marketing, creative marketing, A&R, radio promotion, timing, advertising and our business partnership teams. You will also be a main point of communication with artists and artist management partners.
You are a strategic thinker, problem solver, exceptional creative marketer with a proven ability to multitask with experience developing and executing artist marketing campaigns. You are also an experienced human resources manager with the leadership skills to lead a team and lead artist campaigns across the global organization.
WHAT TO DO AS VP ARTIST MARKETING, HIP HOP AND R&B?
- Conduct marketing and strategy campaigns
- Product-manage a list of Hip Hop and R&B artists
- Manage the marketing and product management team
- Create comprehensive and creative marketing campaigns and implement this strategy throughout the company
- Responsible for interdepartmental collaboration for the Hip Hop and R&B marketing team
- Manage and supervise the budgets of the marketing campaigns through the Hip Hop and R&B list
- Synchronize campaigns and collaborate closely with global marketing teams
- Release planning and escalation point for the asset delivery and release management process
- Drive campaigns and marketing strategy across the entire list
- Manage product management assignments
- Artist and manager relationship officer
- Develop relationships with external brands and marketing partners
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have at least 5 years of music marketing experience with a focus on artist marketing and release strategy in the Hip Hop and R&B genres
- An in-depth understanding of current and future trends in Hip Hop and R&B, with an extensive network and excellent reputation in the music industry as well as within the artist communities and the Hip-Hop and R&B industry
- Having successfully managed a team is a must, and you must demonstrate strong people management skills as well as an ability to lead and develop high performance teams.
- You have strong business acumen and experience in making competent business decisions through strategic thinking and strong leadership abilities
- You also have in-depth knowledge of emerging and established streaming and social platforms, as well as digital and social marketing best practices.
Why choose us?
AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers. This created a high-quality path for artists to stay outside the traditional label system while retaining ownership of their masters. Our client list includes artists such as Lauv, Finneas, girl in red, AG Club, Yung Bans, Kim Petras, Gus Dapperton, Little Simz, Dayglow, COIN, Dashboard Confessional, Glassnote Records (Childish Gambino, Mumford & Sons) and much more!
We rely on creativity and we are committed to defending diversity. We are dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not only fun, but rewarding as well.
Kobalt is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.