Hey, Anchorage people! It’s me again, Sean Peek, your Anchorage Daily host.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Intervals of clouds and sun. High: 39 Low: 29.
Here are the best stories in Anchorage today:
- A man was shot dead on Saturday night in a city center Anchoring apartment. Officers were called to the Backpackers Annex, where they found a man with fatal injuries who ultimately died at the scene. While the investigation is ongoing, detectives believe this is an isolated incident and that there is no threat to public safety. (Daily News from Anchorage)
- Anchorage Community Theater The 69th season opens with FRANKENSTEIN: The radio play to Halloween night. This scary story stays true to Mary shelley’s Gothic classic, but the twist of this production is in the style of a 1940s radio play. Stephane Morin assume the role of Victor frankenstein and Scott rhode play it Creature in this account of the famous history. The discretion of the listener is advised because there are troubling moments. (Anchorage Press)
- Alaska Behavioral Health is one of 231 community mental health centers to receive funding from the Addiction and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as part of their response to COVID-19. Federal funding is designed to increase capacity and access to ambulatory care to meet this growing need for behavioral health services. It also requires Alaska Behavioral Health to assess whether all Alaskans across all demographics have equal access to / outcomes of care, as well as to address disparities if they exist. (Anchor patch)
today Anchorage Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Anchorage:
- Forum “Make it Monday” – Speech on the state of the city (11:30 am)
- Legislative Commission (201/22) – Anchorage Chamber of Commerce (3:30 p.m.)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today. See you tomorrow for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider bringing friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Sean peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur who graduated in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist and marketing director for various digital media companies. He is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.